How to Get There
How you get to the Mongkok Ladies Market of course depends
on where you are coming from, having just been shopping or from
your hotel perhaps. Being in the city centre it is well
provided with different means of transport. Anywhere close
by and walking is probably the best but if you are coming from
more distance than walking permits, or if you just don't like
walking then there are plenty of ways of using public transport
to get to the market.
Here are some common routes:
How to get to Ladies' Market from:
|Star Ferry, Tsim Sha Tsui,
- Walk to the T.S.T. MTR station (careful not
the TST East station) and take the Tuen Wan line
in the Tuen Wan direction as far as the Mong Kok
station. Then exits via exit D3 or E2.
More details here.
- Outside the Peninsula Hotel take the KMB bus
234X and get off at Shan Tung street in Mong Kok
- Easiest to not get lost, but bad idea at rush
- Great to see the view out of the bus window,
but a bit confusing to know where to get off
the MTR and go to Mong Kok station (not Mong Kok East).
Take the E2 exit and walk along Nathan Road towards
Shan Tung Street
of walking but simple.
- Uses the MTR and go into Hong Kong station (note,
not Central Station which is connected to it), then
take the fast Tung Chung line towards Tung Chung
as far as Nam Cheong, change to the West Rail line
as far as Hung Hom and change to the East Rail line
and go as far as Mong Kok East.
- Walk to Star Ferry and cross the harbour on
the ferry, then take one of the routes as above.
- Sounds like a complex trip, and it is a little,
but it is quite fun (if you like trains)
- You get the nice Star Ferry trip thrown in.
Best choice if you like ferries more than trains!
- Go to the fire station and go into Canal Road
West and wait for bus 171 which will take you all
the way there in one go!
- Take the MTR on the island line towards Sheung
Wan and get off at Central station, take the long
inside walk to the Hong Kong station then the route
as above from central.
- Bus trips can be nice, you get to go in the
- MTR is safer to not get lost.
||MTR or Bus
Gov route finder
||It is a bit clumsy but
this tool does know all about public transport in Hong
|When leaving the Mongkok MTR station take the Bank
When you come out at ground level you need to walk
forward half a block then you are in the middle of Ladies
Market which is running left and right from where you